The Kentucky Derby is more than just the most exciting 2 minutes in sports. The Derby season is a celebration of all things Kentucky. It is no surprise that many Kentucky Derby visitors are looking for ways to incorporate Bourbon in their Bluegrass adventure. Provided below are a list of tips for visiting the Kentucky Bourbon Trail ® adventure during this eventful and high-traffic time.
1) If crowds make you uncomfortable, you may want to plan your visit to the distilleries early in the week. The crowds at the distilleries typically increase as Derby Day draws closer.
2) Heaven Hill will extend tour hours to 7:00 PM on May 2nd and May 3rd to accommodate an increased number of visitors.
3) Makers Mark is hosting a special event featuring live music and refreshments on Friday May 3rdfrom 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
4) While you are in Louisville be sure to stop by Art Eatables on Fourth Street and try one of their Derby inspired Bourbon truffles. Art Eatables will have extended hours through the Derby season.
5) The Holly Hill Inn is hosting a “There’s more to Juleps than Mint” culinary cocktail class on April 26th and 27th. For more information about this event and other seasonal events check out www.kybourbontrail.com and click on the events tab.
6) Be sure to arrange for a safe ride to the distilleries. Mint Julep Tours provides guided bus tours to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail distilleries. To book your tour call 502.583.1433 or email Info@MintJulepTours.com. If you would like to tour the Kentucky Bourbon Trail ® adventure via limo contact R&R Limousine at 502.458.1862. Reservations are available for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of Derby week.
Still have questions? email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org