LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Individual tickets to Kentucky Bourbon Affair distillery tours and opening and closing events will go on sale Friday, Jan. 31, at 8 a.m. EST, the Kentucky Distillers’ Association announced today.
This follows the sale of 50 Golden Tickets that guaranteed recipients first choice of exclusive experiences and other perks. Those tickets sold out in just over a week, and now remaining slots will be open to Bourbon lovers everywhere.
The website for more information and to purchase tickets is www.kybourbonaffair.com.
Tickets are limited and are expected to go fast, said KDA President Eric Gregory. “Phones have been ringing off the hook with callers from all over the world. It’s been amazing to hear their passion for our signature spirit and the thrill of coming to the one, true home of Bourbon.” The Kentucky Bourbon Affair is a four-day Bourbon fantasy camp that will be held May 14-18, featuring exclusive behind-the-scenes tours and events at the most iconic Bourbon distilleries in the world, capped by evening events to highlight Louisville’s Bourbon culture and cuisine.
The Bourbon Affair is the only whiskey event that’s created and executed by the distilleries themselves, in partnership with the KDA and the Original Makers Club. This year’s Affair will celebrate the 50th anniversary of Congress declaring Bourbon “America’s only native spirit.”
Experiences will include:
- Tour the hallowed grounds of historic Stitzel-Weller and Bernheim distilleries that have never been opened to the public
- Hang out in Jim Beam Master Distiller Fred Noe’s man cave while learning to mix his favorite cocktails
- Re-live the campfire legend of how Wild Turkey was born, then go skeet shooting with legendary Master Distiller Jimmy Russell
- Train your Bourbon palate with culinary pairings from award-winning chefs at Woodford Reserve
- Blend your very own small batch Bourbon straight from the barrel at Four Roses
- Sit side-by-side with experts in the sensory lab at Maker’s Mark to ensure each barrel is aged to perfection, then dip bottles in their iconic red wax on the bottling line
- Enjoy a progressive Bourbon tasting along the Town Branch waterway in which Lexington was founded, learning about the city’s distilling history and best-kept secrets
- Mix with Master Distillers and other VIPs at opening and closing events unlike any other
Tours are divided into morning and afternoon sessions Thursday and Friday, and a morning session on Saturday. The schedule allows guests to attend up to five of the eight daytime distillery events with an hour’s drive between tours.
With most events, guests will receive special gifts to commemorate their experience – from personalized bottles to mixology toolkits and much more. Many tours will offer genuine Kentucky and Bourbon-inspired hors d’oeuvres and lunches. Attendees must be 21 to participate.
The KDA and OMC also are creating unique opening and closing events featuring premium Bourbon pairings with gourmet dishes from Louisville’s famous Urban Bourbon Trail restaurants, private opportunities to mingle with Bourbon icons and more.
“We look forward to hosting everyone in May and giving them the Bourbon experience of a lifetime,” Gregory said. “We’ve been incredibly impressed with ticket sales so far and can’t wait to celebrate the golden anniversary and timeless prestige of Kentucky Bourbon.”
For more information, contact KDA President Eric Gregory at (502) 875-9351
The KDA, a non-profit trade association founded in 1880, is the Commonwealth’s leading voice on spirits issues. Kentucky Bourbon Affair™, Kentucky Bourbon Trail®, Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour®, Urban Bourbon Trail® and Bourbon Trail™ are registered trademarks/service marks of the Kentucky Distillers’ Association. Please drink responsibly.