SUPPORT OPERATION HOMEFRONT WITH HEAVEN HILL DISTILLERIES
Bourbon Heritage Center to Donate $1 From Every Visitor to Charity
BARDSTOWN, KY–Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc., the nation’s largest independent family-owned and operated distilled spirits producer and marketer, announces a special Holiday fundraiser benefiting Operation Homefront at the company’s acclaimed visitor’s center, The Bourbon Heritage Center. The Bourbon Heritage Center sits on the grounds of Heaven Hill in the middle of Bardstown, the “Bourbon Capital of the World®,” and was awarded the worldwide “Visitor Attraction of the Year” title during Whisky Magazine’s Icons of Whiskey presentation in 2009.
The Bourbon Heritage Center will be collecting $1 from all visitors from October 1 through December 25 and will be donating 100% of the proceeds to Operation Homefront. Guests will feel the patriotism with the large red, white and blue decorated Christmas tree and holiday decor that line the Center.
“We are so happy to be able to support Operation Homefront,” said Lynne Grant, Director of Guest Services at the Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center. “Many of our employees and neighbors in Bardstown and Nelson County have family in the military which makes it even more gratifying to contribute to this cause.”
The Bourbon Heritage Center welcomed more than 64,000 visitors last year, making it one of the most visited attractions on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail®. It offers guests interactive exhibits, an orientation film, a large retail store featuring branded and bourbon themed apparel and foods, and a state-of-the-art tasting room.
Bardstown-based Heaven Hill Distilleries, the world’s second largest holder of aging American Whiskey, produces such critically acclaimed brands as Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage Bourbon, Elijah Craig Bourbon, Rittenhouse Rye Whisky, Bernheim Original Wheat Whiskey, and the Parker’s Heritage Collection of American Whiskeys, all crafted under the watchful eyes of sixth and seventh generation Master Distillers Parker and Craig Beam.
About Operation Homefront:
Operation Homefront provides emergency and other assistance to the families of service members and wounded warriors. As a leading national charity supporting families of service members and wounded warriors, Operation Homefront has grown from a small local charity to a strong national organization with chapters across the country. Since its inception in 2002, it has met more than 400,000 needs of military families and provided more than $128 million dollars of funding to programs benefitting military families. Moreover, it has served more than 4,200 wounded warriors and their families.
About the Bourbon Heritage Center:
* A series of interactive and educational exhibits that demonstrate the Bourbon-making process and Bourbon history, including information on Evan Williams, Kentucky’s first distiller, Elijah Craig – “the father of Bourbon“ – and other Bourbon pioneers whose names are immortalized in some of Heaven Hill’s most famous Bourbon brands.
* The Evan Williams Theater shows “A Portrait of Heaven Hill,“ a short informative film on the history of Bourbon, the Bourbon-making process, and Heaven Hill Distilleries. The theater, located at one end of the Center, accommodates 75 in traditional theater-style seating.
* A highlight of the Center is the one-of-a-kind barrel-shaped “Parker Beam Tasting Room,” which seats 22. The dramatic space gives legal age visitors a unique environment in which guided samplings of the company’s world-renowned whiskeys are conducted.
* Eye-catching display items such as old advertisements, photographs, and even a sample of the very first “white dog“ (new, unaged Bourbon) that was distilled at Heaven Hill in 1934. Interactive exhibits include informative distillery models and a high-tech “smelling station,” where visitors can nose authentic bourbon at various ages.
* One wall re-creating a rickhouse, complete with various Heaven Hill Bourbon – branded barrels stacked up to the ceiling. The company’s replica milestone barrel heads, beginning with the first barrel filled, are also on display on this wall.
* The center’s gift shop features Kentucky crafts, branded merchandise, bourbon-themed foods and gifts, and a special bottling of Evan Williams Master Distillers’ Select Bourbon available for purchase and customized personalization.
Guests can visit the Heaven Hill Bourbon Heritage Center at 1311 Gilkey Run Road in Bardstown, KY. For more information call 502-337-1000 or visit www.bourbonheritagecenter.com.
Founded in 1934, Bardstown, KY-based Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. (www.heavenhill.com) is the nation’s largest independent, family-owned and operated spirits producer and marketer and the world’s second-largest holder of Kentucky Bourbon. Heaven Hill’s diversified portfolio of brands includes Evan Williams Bourbon; Burnett’s Vodkas and Gin; HPNOTIQ and HPNOTIQ Harmonie Liqueurs; Admiral Nelson’s and Blackheart Rums; The Christian Brothers Brandies; PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur; Lunazul Tequila and Rittenhouse Rye Whisky.
Heaven Hill reminds you to “Think Wisely. Drink Wisely.”