These are crazy days we are living through, and for many people who rely on Bourbon tourism in the state of Kentucky, the future is uncertain. But we have been so inspired by how the world seems to be banding together to help each other through these times, and we wanted to give you some ways to help before we can welcome you back.
Below are our suggestions by region for how you can help to support our industry partners whether you’re local to the area or not. For those of who had to cancel their trip to Kentucky, we encourage you to go ahead and reschedule by booking your hotels and transportation and by purchasing gift cards from the restaurants and attractions you were planning to visit. This revenue will be incredibly important to keep these businesses afloat.
Keep in mind that many of our distilleries are open for curbside or carry out bottle sales only. Please check social media or call to learn how you can support a distillery in your area.
We will get through this #TogetherKY! #TeamKentucky
Book future experiences or purchase gift cards for yourself and others.
- Kentucky Bourbon Trail Welcome Center at the Frazier History Museum (attraction) – interact with their virtual museum tours. Plan a future trip to see the Bourbon Bottle Hall, the Spirit of Kentucky Exhibition, or any of the temporary exhibits being featured.
- Bourbons Bistro (dining) – curbside pickup service. Call 502-894-8838 or text 502-299-9189.
- Westport Whiskey & Wine (retail shop) – 10% off bottle sales with curbside pickup. Call ahead to order at 502-708-1313. Check out their WW&W To Go! Menu for great cocktail kits, beers & wines to ease your time at home.
- Art Eatables (chocolatier) – online orders appreciated.
- Marriott Louisville East (hotel) – please book future stays.
- The Seelbach (hotel) – please book future stays.
- Château Bourbon (bed & breakfast) – for out-of-towners, please book future stays or purchase a gift card. For locals, once the dust settles we would love to welcome you over for a staycation or local getaway.
- Louisville Dining & Attractions
- Old Talbott Tavern (dining/lodging) – curbside or carry out service only. To order call 502-348-3494.
- Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History (attraction) – please plan a future visit.
- Other Bardstown Restaurants
- Bardstown Area Attractions
- The B-line (attraction) – please plan a future visit to find your sipping point.
- Rich’s Proper Food and Drink (dining) – offering curbside pick up and carry out service only. Call (859) 415-0069.
- Tousey House Tavern (dining) – offering curbside or carryout service only. Call (859) 586-9900.
- Hotel Covington (hotel) – secure a future stay.
- Edge of Bourbon Country Attractions, Dining and Information
- 21c Museum Hotel / Lockbox (hotel/dining) – Lockbox offering curbside pick up. Call 859-899-6860.
- Distilled at the Sire (dining) – take out, curbside pick up, or UberEats delivery. Call 859-255-0002.
- Horse Country Tours (attraction) – Please book a future tour or purchase gift cards and in the meantime join us for virtual tours of some of the world’s most legendary thoroughbred farms & other equine institutions – the schedule can be found here. Shop our online store.
- The Campbell House (hotel) – please book future stays.
- Ale-8-One (retail/attraction) – add a case of Bourbon’s favorite soda to your Kroger or Wal-Mart pick up/delivery orders. Shop our online store. Book a future plant tour (when available).
- Lexington Restaurants & Attractions
- Kentucky Cooperage Tours (attraction) – book your future tour to see firsthand how the barrels are assembled and charred to perfection.
- Lebanon Restaurants
- Sweet Mash Boutique & Spirits (retail shop) – FREE GIFT with any candle purchase, FREE gift wrapping, FREE shipping or curbside pickup, and FREE delivery within Lawrenceburg, Ky. We are even offering the opportunity to shop via FaceTime through the store. Call 502-604-6020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kentucky River Tours aka The Bourbon Boat (attraction) – River boat tours on the KY River begin April 5th. Meet at Riverview Park for 1 hour to 2 hour tours. Tour size limited to 8 instead of usual 15. Reservation required.
- Canoe Kentucky (attraction/retail) – canoe and kayak rentals open April 1 with free delivery (w/in 60 miles of Peaks Mill). Private shopping available on Mondays and Tuesdays and after hours on other days. Guided trips are still available. Click here for live videos, podcasts, and more!
- Beaumont Inn / Old Owl Tavern, Harrodsburg (restaurant/lodging) – 10% off gift cards over $50. Call 800-352-3992.
- Lawrenceburg Restaurants
- The Still (restaurant) – 15% off curbside pick up and delivery. Bottle sales and gift cards available. Call 859-209-2136.
- Other Danville Restaurants
- Danville Hotels – please book future stays.
- The Stave (dining) – to go menu and bottle sales. Call 859-879-0101. Gift cards available for purchase here.
- Woodford County Restaurants & Attractions