Mint Julep Experiences has been entertaining guests along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail® for 12 years now, but many of you might be surprised to learn that Bourbon tours aren’t the only adventures the company offers.
From progressive dinner tours and mixology sessions to behind-the-scenes access to Kentucky horse farms, Mint Julep continues to innovate and create new experiences that customers crave. What started as a vision of two people has grown into an enthusiastic business that hosts thousands of tourists and locals each year.
“When you take a look at the Kentucky Bourbon Trail® landscape, Mint Julep is leading the charge by creating innovative, elevated experiences both inside and outside the distillery walls,” said Mint Julep Co-Founder Sean Higgins. “We are a champion for all the brands and use our partnerships to create these one-of-a-kind experiences that our guests request.”
A large portion of Mint Julep’s day-to-day operations include just that — customizing tours for customers just passing through town or those staying two weeks, and everything in between. Many of the public tours come from popular customized experiences, which is proof Mint Julep has its finger on the pulse of the Bourbon community.
Along with Public Bourbon Tours that run every Wednesday through Sunday, here’s a look at the fresh new experiences Mint Julep is offering in 2020. And remember, if you don’t see it here, you can always call to choose your own adventure.
- Southern Supper Series — Hop between Louisville’s best restaurants and neighborhoods on a progressive food tour inspired by different themes, including All-Star Chefs, Bar-B-Qued, Smokin’, Sauced and more!
- Secrets of Bluegrass Chefs — Be in the studio audience for a behind-the-scenes live TV taping with tastings from Kentucky’s best chefs. Tapings sell out well in advance.
- Boozy Brunch & Bourbon Bonanza — Enjoy a Southern family-style brunch, along with mimosas and bellinis. After brunch, you’ll visit two bourbon distilleries — Jeptha Creed and Bulleit Distilling — for full tours and tastings, plus a build-your-own Bloody Mary experience.
- Brew in the Lou — Explore Louisville’s best brews as you hop between breweries and taprooms. You’ll visit three distinct beer makers (Against the Grain, Great Flood and Monnik) with tours and tasting flights at each stop and insight from your Mint Julep “brew guru” in between.
- Cooperage Tours — Get a full tour of the Brown-Forman Cooperage, which also is home to Coopers’ Craft Bourbon. The only way inside this barrel-making facility is with Mint Julep. Includes a full tour and Coopers’ Craft tasting.
- Best of Kentucky — See the best of Kentucky on this public tour to a picturesque horse farm and historic Bourbon distillery, plus a Southern-style lunch.
- Derby Tours — Plan a Derby Week tour visiting bourbon distilleries, horse farms or both! Public Derby tours are available Wednesday, April 29, through Monday, May 4.
- Derby Eve Bourbon & BBQ Throwdown at Jim Beam — Travel to the world-renowned Jim Beam Distillery for Mint Julep’s newest Derby Eve event! Experience includes guided transportation, after-hours tour and tasting at Jim Beam, two cocktails (plus a cash bar), a Southern-style BBQ feast and live music.
- Derby Day Shuttle — Skip the lines, beat the traffic and save your feet by taking a Derby Day Shuttle to Churchill Downs from the Omni Louisville Hotel. Vehicles have preferred onsite access and parking at Churchill Downs, so you’ll be dropped off steps away from the entrance.
Visit www.mintjuleptours.com for info on these tours and so much more!